spring break

Spring break officially started on Monday and will last until April 6th! 3 weeks! Unfortunately I have no travel plans. The original plan was to fly home but that was too expensive and then I was going to maybe do a small trip somewhere in Europe or even around England but all my funds went into the big Rhodes trip in May. Who knows maybe I'll go somewhere close or maybe I'll just stay here in the 'Pool and tuck into several good books. I've got to do a bit of work as well and I also need to made a decision about my future here...

Right now I'm reading Middlemarch - 402 pages (about half way) into it and I'm really enjoying it. I hope to finish it by the end of the month (should do - I have it all tabbed out). My copy of Les Misérables finally arrived last week, I'm only 20 pages into it right now but I'm going to shoot for about 240 pages a week, which means I should finish it in 6 weeks. And I'm reading The Namesake - a much much shorter book than the last two. I've got all the books listed to the right to read as well before they're due on the 30th. So lots of good reading to do!

Can't believe Easter is this weekend. Luckily I've been invited over to to a friend's house for dinner so I won't be alone. I plan on whipping up some deviled eggs and maybe a dessert. Yesterday I was over to their house for tea. I brought the box of Peeps bunnies my mom sent me for Easter. They don't sell them here and so I thought I'd share an American treat. We put them on tea biscuits and stuck them into the micro for like 5 secs, watching them get all bloated! They were delicious and I think they were a hit.

So tomorrow is the first day of spring and it's still pretty Arctic here - well you know Arctic in my standards - only a high of 50F/10C tomorrow - that's just not spring! Especially when I compare that with home where the high tomorrow is 84F/29C. So unfair! Oh well it will warm up eventually.

. listening . pawn shop . sublime . sublime .

Labels:

posted by Ashleigh @ 11:11,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

random field notes


    ashleigh (ash'lė) n.
    1: egyptologist; currently living in the uk attempting to obtain a phd in egyptology, hoping in the end there will be a job.
    2: literary; reading to escape reality, to improve conversation, for inspiration.
    3: crafter; crocheting and needlework, creating heirlooms, keeping the world warm.
    4: dreamer; head in the clouds, full of fantasies, wishing to be someone else, somewhere else.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from random field notes. Make your own badge here.


:: reading ::
: Ivanhoe . Walter Scott
: Schindler's Ark . Thomas Keneally
: The Amber Spyglass . Philip Pullman
: The Red Queen . Margaret Drabble
: Un Lun Dun . China Miéville
: A Handful of Dust . Evelyn Waugh
: Adjunct: An Undigest . Peter Manson
: A Kestral for a Knave . Barry Hines

:: recently finished ::
: Falling Man . Don DeLillo
: Written on the Body . Jeanette Winterson
: The Bell Jar . Sylvia Plath
: No One Writes to the Colonel . Gabriel García Márquez
: The Subtle Knife . Philip Pullman

:: book rating ::
5 : True Love
4 : Like
3 : Good
2 : Ok
1 : Why did I read this?

:: challenges ::
: 1% Well Read
: 888 Challenge
: Chunkster Challenge
: Decades Challenge 2008
: Novella Challenge
: Once Upon A Time II
: The Parisian Underworld
: The Pub

:: creating ::
: sadly nothing at the moment

:: recent posts ::
: missing arizona
: in which she makes a tough decision...
: the bells
: a tale of two cities
: happy birthday to me
: the yacoubian building
: people of the book
: penelope
: we
: wide sargasso sea

:: labels ::
: book
: book review
: challenge
: craft
: egypt
: life
: liverpool
: movie
: photos
: quiz/meme
: random
: school
: travel
: weekly geeks

:: archives ::
: 2008
01 :: 02 :: 03 :: 04 :: 05 :: 06

:: blogroll ::

:: bookish
: 1 more chapter
: a high and hidden place
: a striped armchair
: a work in progress
: bookie
: books please
: eloise by the book pile
: estella's revenge
: eve's alexandria
: the hidden side of a leaf
: people reading
: red room library
: stainless steel droppings

:: crafty
: cosmicpluto knits
: crazy aunt purl
: how about orange
: inside a black apple
: ma petite théière
: midnight knitter
: not martha
: posie gets cosy
: ranger sarah
: wild yarn
: yarnstorm

:: special
: idyll thoughts