penelope

I thought I'd get out this weekend and go see a movie. I've been wanting to see Penelope for some time now but just didn't get around to it. I tried to drag some friends to the theatre last weekend but they were all busy and to my disappointment the movie wasn't showing anymore when I checked times last Monday. But it seems it is still showing but only on the weekend! Yay! And even better my ticket was free! I got in there, paid for my ticket and then spotted one of my office mates. I forgot that she worked at the theatre and she says to me "Why didn't you tell me you were coming, I could have got you a ticket." So she marches me back to the ticket window gets a ticket issued on her account and gives me a refund. Sweet!

It was such a cute movie! Totally what I needed, occasionally I need a good sappy fairy tale to put a skip in my step. And HELLO James McAvoy, you were good looking in the The Last King of Scotland but you were that much yummier in Penelope and you're a great actor! If you haven't seen it yet I recommend you do. Oh and I totally love Penelope's scarf, I want one!

I gave into temptation last night and purchased the episodes of Lost that have aired this season and I watched all 5 of them last night! God I love that show! But seriously what the hell??? Ha! Ha! It's so frustrating but so damn good. Last week's episode had me in tears... over-emotional? Perhaps! I hope with the writer's strike being over they'll be able to produce the last 8 episodes of the season so we won't be left hanging... of course that's what the finale does... hmmmm... well anyway I want more! :)

Wow I think I've read all of 5 pages this weekend, guess I sort of overdid it last weekend and my eyes needed a break. But I'm about to curl up and crack one open now.

. listening . forget it . breaking benjamin . we are not alone .

Labels:

posted by Ashleigh @ 16:49,

3 Comments:

At 2 March 2008 at 22:25, Blogger DAWN said...

I was wondering how this movie would be. Didn't Reese Witherspoon direct it or something? I love her.

Lost. . . ah what can you say? it is the best thing on T.V at the moment. I have been hooked since the beginning and I love it more and more each week it is on!

 
At 6 March 2008 at 21:07, Blogger Danielle said...

Wasn't James McAvoy in one of the new Jane Austen films? I'll have to look for this one when it comes out on DVD.

 
At 6 March 2008 at 22:27, Blogger Ashleigh said...

Dawn, Reese Witherspoon was the producer but yes it was her first film in that role, she also played a small part. Danielle, James McAvoy is in Becoming Jane Austen (haven't seen this one yet but really want to), he was also just in the movie Atonement with Keira Knightly. The first time I saw him was in The Last King of Scotland - which was excellent by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

random field notes


    ashleigh (ash'lė) n.
    1: egyptologist; currently living in the uk attempting to obtain a phd in egyptology, hoping in the end there will be a job.
    2: literary; reading to escape reality, to improve conversation, for inspiration.
    3: crafter; crocheting and needlework, creating heirlooms, keeping the world warm.
    4: dreamer; head in the clouds, full of fantasies, wishing to be someone else, somewhere else.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from random field notes. Make your own badge here.


:: reading ::
: Ivanhoe . Walter Scott
: Schindler's Ark . Thomas Keneally
: The Amber Spyglass . Philip Pullman
: The Red Queen . Margaret Drabble
: Un Lun Dun . China Miéville
: A Handful of Dust . Evelyn Waugh
: Adjunct: An Undigest . Peter Manson
: A Kestral for a Knave . Barry Hines

:: recently finished ::
: Falling Man . Don DeLillo
: Written on the Body . Jeanette Winterson
: The Bell Jar . Sylvia Plath
: No One Writes to the Colonel . Gabriel García Márquez
: The Subtle Knife . Philip Pullman

:: book rating ::
5 : True Love
4 : Like
3 : Good
2 : Ok
1 : Why did I read this?

:: challenges ::
: 1% Well Read
: 888 Challenge
: Chunkster Challenge
: Decades Challenge 2008
: Novella Challenge
: Once Upon A Time II
: The Parisian Underworld
: The Pub

:: creating ::
: sadly nothing at the moment

:: recent posts ::
: we
: wide sargasso sea
: imposture
: on beauty
: weekend reading
: silas marner
: giovanni's room
: shake awake
: i'm going to the island
: why oh why won't you go away

:: labels ::
: book
: book review
: challenge
: craft
: egypt
: life
: liverpool
: movie
: photos
: quiz/meme
: random
: school
: travel
: weekly geeks

:: archives ::
: 2008
01 :: 02 :: 03 :: 04 :: 05 :: 06

:: blogroll ::

:: bookish
: 1 more chapter
: a high and hidden place
: a striped armchair
: a work in progress
: bookie
: books please
: eloise by the book pile
: estella's revenge
: eve's alexandria
: the hidden side of a leaf
: people reading
: red room library
: stainless steel droppings

:: crafty
: cosmicpluto knits
: crazy aunt purl
: how about orange
: inside a black apple
: ma petite théière
: midnight knitter
: not martha
: posie gets cosy
: ranger sarah
: wild yarn
: yarnstorm

:: special
: idyll thoughts