shake awake

Well I was just shaken awake about an hour ago by an earthquake! It sort of freaked me out because I wasn't quite asleep but my bed was shaking, I could hear this low rumbling and I could hear the wallpaper on my wall make this unsticking noise. I just sort of rolled over and said out loud "What the hell was that?". I heard my flatmate open her door so I opened mine and she had a look of terror in her eyes and I asked her if she felt that, which of course she had. But there was no reaction outside, nothing on the internet, nothing on TV... was starting to think we were nuts. The building had definitely moved, the books on my bookshelf were all leaning over. Finally while talking to my mom, asking if she heard anything back home, the BBC posted a short story here. Well I guess I should get back to bed now! I hope everyone's safe and sound!

Labels:

posted by Ashleigh @ 01:55,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

random field notes


    ashleigh (ash'lė) n.
    1: egyptologist; currently living in the uk attempting to obtain a phd in egyptology, hoping in the end there will be a job.
    2: literary; reading to escape reality, to improve conversation, for inspiration.
    3: crafter; crocheting and needlework, creating heirlooms, keeping the world warm.
    4: dreamer; head in the clouds, full of fantasies, wishing to be someone else, somewhere else.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from random field notes. Make your own badge here.


:: reading ::
: Ivanhoe . Walter Scott
: Schindler's Ark . Thomas Keneally
: The Amber Spyglass . Philip Pullman
: The Red Queen . Margaret Drabble
: Un Lun Dun . China Miéville
: A Handful of Dust . Evelyn Waugh
: Adjunct: An Undigest . Peter Manson
: A Kestral for a Knave . Barry Hines

:: recently finished ::
: Falling Man . Don DeLillo
: Written on the Body . Jeanette Winterson
: The Bell Jar . Sylvia Plath
: No One Writes to the Colonel . Gabriel García Márquez
: The Subtle Knife . Philip Pullman

:: book rating ::
5 : True Love
4 : Like
3 : Good
2 : Ok
1 : Why did I read this?

:: challenges ::
: 1% Well Read
: 888 Challenge
: Chunkster Challenge
: Decades Challenge 2008
: Novella Challenge
: Once Upon A Time II
: The Parisian Underworld
: The Pub

:: creating ::
: sadly nothing at the moment

:: recent posts ::
: i'm going to the island
: why oh why won't you go away
: where angels fear to tread
: lolita
: hungry for books
: the dark volume
: school woes
: money in my pocket
: the glass books of the dream eaters
: a trip to the library

:: labels ::
: book
: book review
: challenge
: craft
: egypt
: life
: liverpool
: movie
: photos
: quiz/meme
: random
: school
: travel
: weekly geeks

:: archives ::
: 2008
01 :: 02 :: 03 :: 04 :: 05 :: 06

:: blogroll ::

:: bookish
: 1 more chapter
: a high and hidden place
: a striped armchair
: a work in progress
: bookie
: books please
: eloise by the book pile
: estella's revenge
: eve's alexandria
: the hidden side of a leaf
: people reading
: red room library
: stainless steel droppings

:: crafty
: cosmicpluto knits
: crazy aunt purl
: how about orange
: inside a black apple
: ma petite théière
: midnight knitter
: not martha
: posie gets cosy
: ranger sarah
: wild yarn
: yarnstorm

:: special
: idyll thoughts