patience is a virtue...

Another Valentine's Day spent alone... and I really mean alone because I didn't leave my house and didn't see any of my flatmates all day... sigh... at least it's over.

The university is really trying my patience. Can you believe they have yet to deposit my loan checks?!? I signed those suckers on Jan. 28 almost 3 weeks ago. Everytime I go to the Foundation Building to get some answers they just assure me that it can take 2-4 weeks and they'll have someone to call me to explain why - but no one ever calls. One girl finally said it can take as long as 10 business days - alright folks we're on business day #15!! I just want to know why it's taking so long to deposit a check - a good check - these aren't personal checks they're from SallieMae. All they have to do is deposit the checks into their account take a portion of my tuition and room and board out and then deposit the remainder into my account. Seriously people I'm tired of eating peanut butter and jelly (although I can't anymore since I'm now out of peanut butter and can't afford another jar) and pasta. I really hate asking for financial help but if I really need to there are people who will help me out. But the credit card people aren't happy and they needed to be paid a long time ago - oh dear!

The supervisor situation hasn't been completely sorted out either. The department head's father passed away so he's been out. Seems like that's happening a lot around here. I wasn't able to meet with the faculty head earlier because his father passed away. And my poor friend has been watching and waiting for her father to pass since just before the new year, he passed on Wednesday. The poor thing!

At least it's been a bit warmer here, in the 50s. It's been nice and sunny too, well partly cloudy anyway. A single daffodil bloomed outside in the flower box last week and he's still going strong. His little yellow head really sticks out amongst the green. I'm hoping it's a little banner saying spring will be here soon. Now I've just got to make birthday plans - 3 more weeks and I start the hopefullly slow descent into my 30s! I'd like to spend the weekend in London with a few friends, see Wicked, see the Tut exhibition, do some shopping (if that money is ever deposited), eat, drink and dance.

Happy Friday!

. listening . damn . matchbox twenty . yourself or someone like you .

Labels: ,

posted by Ashleigh @ 11:40,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

random field notes


    ashleigh (ash'lė) n.
    1: egyptologist; currently living in the uk attempting to obtain a phd in egyptology, hoping in the end there will be a job.
    2: literary; reading to escape reality, to improve conversation, for inspiration.
    3: crafter; crocheting and needlework, creating heirlooms, keeping the world warm.
    4: dreamer; head in the clouds, full of fantasies, wishing to be someone else, somewhere else.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from random field notes. Make your own badge here.


:: reading ::
: Ivanhoe . Walter Scott
: Schindler's Ark . Thomas Keneally
: The Amber Spyglass . Philip Pullman
: The Red Queen . Margaret Drabble
: Un Lun Dun . China Miéville
: A Handful of Dust . Evelyn Waugh
: Adjunct: An Undigest . Peter Manson
: A Kestral for a Knave . Barry Hines

:: recently finished ::
: Falling Man . Don DeLillo
: Written on the Body . Jeanette Winterson
: The Bell Jar . Sylvia Plath
: No One Writes to the Colonel . Gabriel García Márquez
: The Subtle Knife . Philip Pullman

:: book rating ::
5 : True Love
4 : Like
3 : Good
2 : Ok
1 : Why did I read this?

:: challenges ::
: 1% Well Read
: 888 Challenge
: Chunkster Challenge
: Decades Challenge 2008
: Novella Challenge
: Once Upon A Time II
: The Parisian Underworld
: The Pub

:: creating ::
: sadly nothing at the moment

:: recent posts ::
: the pub
: this research has led me to the pub
: recovering with the giants
: egypt 2008 : pharaoh's curse or pharaoh's gold
: still sick
: coming soon (inshallah)
: warmer sands in ancient lands
: another blog
: iTunes top 25 most played
: by the decade challenge

:: labels ::
: book
: book review
: challenge
: craft
: egypt
: life
: liverpool
: movie
: photos
: quiz/meme
: random
: school
: travel
: weekly geeks

:: archives ::
: 2008
01 :: 02 :: 03 :: 04 :: 05 :: 06

:: blogroll ::

:: bookish
: 1 more chapter
: a high and hidden place
: a striped armchair
: a work in progress
: bookie
: books please
: eloise by the book pile
: estella's revenge
: eve's alexandria
: the hidden side of a leaf
: people reading
: red room library
: stainless steel droppings

:: crafty
: cosmicpluto knits
: crazy aunt purl
: how about orange
: inside a black apple
: ma petite théière
: midnight knitter
: not martha
: posie gets cosy
: ranger sarah
: wild yarn
: yarnstorm

:: special
: idyll thoughts