still sick

So just an update. I'm still feeling like crap, here I was hoping to return to the UK, instantly get better and hit the books. But I've gotten worse. I've got a mean sinus infection, a nasty painful cough, a clogged ear, a burning throat and I've pulled muscles in my rib cage from all the coughing making it painful to breathe. But I have hope! I was able to get another small loan from mom so I could go get my prescription, some cough medicine and some soft tissues (I've been using the cheap toilet paper here and as a result my face is all chapped and I've got a nasty cut just inside my nostril - don't I sound attractive...). Everyone's been really nice though. My friend Julie popped over with some soups, a loaf of bread and some vapor rub. One of my flatmate's made me some good spicy Chinese food last night that allowed me to breathe for a bit. And everyone's else been offering to fetch me things.

I've been having some financial problems due to the fact that the checks for my second loan installment arrived here in the UK after I left for Egypt, so I've been having to borrow money left and right. I went Monday morning first thing to sign the darn checks over to the university so they could take their money and deposit the rest into my account but they told me this could take 2-4 weeks! What???!!! I asked them kindly to put a rush on it cause I needed the money yesterday and at the time I only had 6 pence to my name! As of today the money still hasn't been deposited so I went to see them to once again explain my situation. You see my parents can't afford to help me out more than they already have done and besides with the exchange rate their loan is cut in half once I pull it out of my account here. I need money for food people! I was able to pick up a few essentials with what my mom was able to give me and a nice lady from the financial office said they can arrange to loan me £50 next Monday if my loan hasn't been deposited. I can make £50 last if I have to so I feel a bit relieved on that end. Now if I can only feel better. Inshallah the drugs will take effect soon!

Today I spent hours - yes hours - selecting, uploading, titling, tagging and describing 150 of the 811 photos I took this season. It's a lot of hard work posting pics but I wanted them all to have detailed descriptions. So I hope once I post the link someone will take the time to enjoy them all. I realized I don't have a lot of people pics, what can I say the monuments demand more attention. But next year I think I'll concentrate on taking more pics around town. I'd especially like to photograph some of the markets we visit to buy veggies and what we thought was a chicken but turned out to be a duck. I'm not able to post a lot of the photos cause they were taken on site and show things that are classified, only those who have been screened and have passed through maximum security will be allowed to view these (a.k.a. my folks and closest friends). Now I just need to work on the accompanying tale and move on to other projects!

. listening . your star . evanescence . the open door .

Labels:

posted by Ashleigh @ 17:54,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

random field notes


    ashleigh (ash'lė) n.
    1: egyptologist; currently living in the uk attempting to obtain a phd in egyptology, hoping in the end there will be a job.
    2: literary; reading to escape reality, to improve conversation, for inspiration.
    3: crafter; crocheting and needlework, creating heirlooms, keeping the world warm.
    4: dreamer; head in the clouds, full of fantasies, wishing to be someone else, somewhere else.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from random field notes. Make your own badge here.


:: reading ::
: Ivanhoe . Walter Scott
: Schindler's Ark . Thomas Keneally
: The Amber Spyglass . Philip Pullman
: The Red Queen . Margaret Drabble
: Un Lun Dun . China Miéville
: A Handful of Dust . Evelyn Waugh
: Adjunct: An Undigest . Peter Manson
: A Kestral for a Knave . Barry Hines

:: recently finished ::
: Falling Man . Don DeLillo
: Written on the Body . Jeanette Winterson
: The Bell Jar . Sylvia Plath
: No One Writes to the Colonel . Gabriel García Márquez
: The Subtle Knife . Philip Pullman

:: book rating ::
5 : True Love
4 : Like
3 : Good
2 : Ok
1 : Why did I read this?

:: challenges ::
: 1% Well Read
: 888 Challenge
: Chunkster Challenge
: Decades Challenge 2008
: Novella Challenge
: Once Upon A Time II
: The Parisian Underworld
: The Pub

:: creating ::
: sadly nothing at the moment

:: recent posts ::
: coming soon (inshallah)
: warmer sands in ancient lands
: another blog
: iTunes top 25 most played
: by the decade challenge
: 888 challenge
: 2008 book log
: 2007 book log
: 2006 book log
: 1001 books you must read before you die (2006 edit...

:: labels ::
: book
: book review
: challenge
: craft
: egypt
: life
: liverpool
: movie
: photos
: quiz/meme
: random
: school
: travel
: weekly geeks

:: archives ::
: 2008
01 :: 02 :: 03 :: 04 :: 05 :: 06

:: blogroll ::

:: bookish
: 1 more chapter
: a high and hidden place
: a striped armchair
: a work in progress
: bookie
: books please
: eloise by the book pile
: estella's revenge
: eve's alexandria
: the hidden side of a leaf
: people reading
: red room library
: stainless steel droppings

:: crafty
: cosmicpluto knits
: crazy aunt purl
: how about orange
: inside a black apple
: ma petite théière
: midnight knitter
: not martha
: posie gets cosy
: ranger sarah
: wild yarn
: yarnstorm

:: special
: idyll thoughts