recovering with the giants

I feel like I accomplished nothing this weekend but I am feeling a lot better and I did finally blog and post pictures of Egypt (see the post below)! :) I had hoped to finish reading On Beauty but I can't seem to get into reading lately. Shocking I know! But I think I overdid it before the new year trying to squeeze in so many last minute books. I've also been longing to crochet but for awhile there I couldn't seem to work anything out. I received some lovely wool from a friend and I'd love to whip it up either into a hat or some fingerless mitts but I haven't found a pattern that excites me just yet. I did start a scarf last night with some plain purply yarn I had. I was looking for textured patterns and found a really neat site: my picot (I love the collar and edging section!). I liked the simple and textured pattern #0013 but ended up doing it all wrong - but I like what I came up with instead - it's got a lot of texture and it's going to be a nice thick scarf.

I stayed up really late last night to catch the Super Bowl. BBC2 was airing it live on their website but it didn't start until 11:30 pm here! But I had to watch it because it was being played in my hometown - only 5 miles from my house! So I got to see a bit of desert. I was talking to my mom earlier in the day and she said a lot of visitors were complaining about the weather because they expected Phoenix to be in the 70s or 80s but yesterday it only reached a high of 60 and it was overcast and rainy - this Friday it's suppose to get up to 77. Go figure! Before the game to kill time I watched Jerry Maguire to get into the mood - Show Me The Money! - but I thought it was funny that Maguire sings the song Free Fallin' when he thinks he's got his big client back and then Tom Petty ended up being the half time entertainment - what a coincidence! I must admit I was starting to fall asleep during the half time show - hey it was 1:30 am or so - and I missed the entire 3rd Quarter. But wow what an amazing 4th Quarter and I'm so glad the Giants won. :)

. listening . believe . the chemical brothers . push the button .

Labels: ,

posted by Ashleigh @ 12:19,

2 Comments:

At 4 February 2008 at 14:24, Blogger DAWN said...

Glad you got a glimpse of your home town on the tellie. I, too am happy the Giants won. I didn't doubt them for a moment. Nice to see Eli with a super bowl under his belt, too.

 
At 6 February 2008 at 21:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best crochet book ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

random field notes


    ashleigh (ash'lė) n.
    1: egyptologist; currently living in the uk attempting to obtain a phd in egyptology, hoping in the end there will be a job.
    2: literary; reading to escape reality, to improve conversation, for inspiration.
    3: crafter; crocheting and needlework, creating heirlooms, keeping the world warm.
    4: dreamer; head in the clouds, full of fantasies, wishing to be someone else, somewhere else.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from random field notes. Make your own badge here.


:: reading ::
: Ivanhoe . Walter Scott
: Schindler's Ark . Thomas Keneally
: The Amber Spyglass . Philip Pullman
: The Red Queen . Margaret Drabble
: Un Lun Dun . China Miéville
: A Handful of Dust . Evelyn Waugh
: Adjunct: An Undigest . Peter Manson
: A Kestral for a Knave . Barry Hines

:: recently finished ::
: Falling Man . Don DeLillo
: Written on the Body . Jeanette Winterson
: The Bell Jar . Sylvia Plath
: No One Writes to the Colonel . Gabriel García Márquez
: The Subtle Knife . Philip Pullman

:: book rating ::
5 : True Love
4 : Like
3 : Good
2 : Ok
1 : Why did I read this?

:: challenges ::
: 1% Well Read
: 888 Challenge
: Chunkster Challenge
: Decades Challenge 2008
: Novella Challenge
: Once Upon A Time II
: The Parisian Underworld
: The Pub

:: creating ::
: sadly nothing at the moment

:: recent posts ::
: egypt 2008 : pharaoh's curse or pharaoh's gold
: still sick
: coming soon (inshallah)
: warmer sands in ancient lands
: another blog
: iTunes top 25 most played
: by the decade challenge
: 888 challenge
: 2008 book log
: 2007 book log

:: labels ::
: book
: book review
: challenge
: craft
: egypt
: life
: liverpool
: movie
: photos
: quiz/meme
: random
: school
: travel
: weekly geeks

:: archives ::
: 2008
01 :: 02 :: 03 :: 04 :: 05 :: 06

:: blogroll ::

:: bookish
: 1 more chapter
: a high and hidden place
: a striped armchair
: a work in progress
: bookie
: books please
: eloise by the book pile
: estella's revenge
: eve's alexandria
: the hidden side of a leaf
: people reading
: red room library
: stainless steel droppings

:: crafty
: cosmicpluto knits
: crazy aunt purl
: how about orange
: inside a black apple
: ma petite théière
: midnight knitter
: not martha
: posie gets cosy
: ranger sarah
: wild yarn
: yarnstorm

:: special
: idyll thoughts