there's no place like home

ruby slippers
click click

Well I did it! I told Liverpool that I've decided to finish my degree back in Arizona. Yes I was nervous, yes I laid awake last night trying to formulate a speech, yes I didn't want to get out of bed this morning and no I didn't eat any breakfast. But it wasn't bad, in fact they were sorry that things didn't work out here but at the same time they understood and were supportive. I also took the opportunity to squash some rumors I've been hearing, I kept hearing myself being quoted as saying things I never did. I am still amazed that adults can be so petty. I don't know about the rest of them but I graduated high school. Anyway I apologized for the mess that surrounded my situation and thanked them for giving me the opportunity to come to Liverpool again. Overall the whole thing went well, and I feel like it ended on a good note, which was important to me because you never know when you may need to call on them for something.

I feel loads better, really like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Now I can just sit back and relax, do my work, and enjoy what time I have left here. I'm not sure when exactly I'll be leaving that all depends on my budgeting skills next month. Plus any traveling I do will reduce the length I'm able to stay and I do want to do a bit of traveling while I can.

I love my super cheap ruby slippers I picked up at Primark awhile back. I bought them to wear to Wicked but it turns out that they stuck to Baum's book and used silver slippers... oh well they're still shiny and pretty! Looks like we'll be spending a few days in London next month before we head off to Rhodes. So I will finally get to see Wicked, can't wait!

. listening . try again . keane . under the iron sea .

Labels: ,

posted by Ashleigh @ 19:35,

1 Comments:

At 16 April 2008 at 04:33, Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Good for you! I'm sure you do feel like a weight has lifted. That couldn't have been an easy step to take. Some days I am amazed by how petty adults can be and other days it just doesn't surprise me at all. In my job I alternately feel like I am supervising adults and babysitting. It is unbelievable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

random field notes


    ashleigh (ash'lė) n.
    1: egyptologist; currently living in the uk attempting to obtain a phd in egyptology, hoping in the end there will be a job.
    2: literary; reading to escape reality, to improve conversation, for inspiration.
    3: crafter; crocheting and needlework, creating heirlooms, keeping the world warm.
    4: dreamer; head in the clouds, full of fantasies, wishing to be someone else, somewhere else.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from random field notes. Make your own badge here.


:: reading ::
: Ivanhoe . Walter Scott
: Schindler's Ark . Thomas Keneally
: The Amber Spyglass . Philip Pullman
: The Red Queen . Margaret Drabble
: Un Lun Dun . China Miéville
: A Handful of Dust . Evelyn Waugh
: Adjunct: An Undigest . Peter Manson
: A Kestral for a Knave . Barry Hines

:: recently finished ::
: Falling Man . Don DeLillo
: Written on the Body . Jeanette Winterson
: The Bell Jar . Sylvia Plath
: No One Writes to the Colonel . Gabriel García Márquez
: The Subtle Knife . Philip Pullman

:: book rating ::
5 : True Love
4 : Like
3 : Good
2 : Ok
1 : Why did I read this?

:: challenges ::
: 1% Well Read
: 888 Challenge
: Chunkster Challenge
: Decades Challenge 2008
: Novella Challenge
: Once Upon A Time II
: The Parisian Underworld
: The Pub

:: creating ::
: sadly nothing at the moment

:: recent posts ::
: catching up
: the prime of miss jean brodie
: the yellow wallpaper
: the diary of a nobody
: the ladies of grace adieu
: middlemarch
: it's still friday right?
: crash
: a passage to india
: you knew it, i knew it...

:: labels ::
: book
: book review
: challenge
: craft
: egypt
: life
: liverpool
: movie
: photos
: quiz/meme
: random
: school
: travel
: weekly geeks

:: archives ::
: 2008
01 :: 02 :: 03 :: 04 :: 05 :: 06

:: blogroll ::

:: bookish
: 1 more chapter
: a high and hidden place
: a striped armchair
: a work in progress
: bookie
: books please
: eloise by the book pile
: estella's revenge
: eve's alexandria
: the hidden side of a leaf
: people reading
: red room library
: stainless steel droppings

:: crafty
: cosmicpluto knits
: crazy aunt purl
: how about orange
: inside a black apple
: ma petite théière
: midnight knitter
: not martha
: posie gets cosy
: ranger sarah
: wild yarn
: yarnstorm

:: special
: idyll thoughts